American Alligator

American Alligator

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

What is Desirable?


by Hunter Byrd


So tonight, I'm going to write a post on something a little different than what I normally talk about.  This post is about the most beautiful and scary thing man has ever set eyes upon, woman.  Earlier this evening, I spoke to a couple of older women who made me think harder about the relationships between young men and women in America. Everything in this post is just my opinion and based on matters I've either heard or experienced so please take no offense or regard this as "law".

Earlier tonight, I was busing tables and joined in on a conversation with the two women, probably in their 40's, maybe early 50's.  They were talking about specific sorority girls (not universal) and just how their attitudes were so crude and awful.  After one of the women got off the phone with a "girl" about a dance recital, her words were "That girl is a B. I. T. C." (you get the picture).  Before they left and one of them handsomely tipped me, they made a remark that "young women or girls are crazy or just the worst" and it got me thinking why? 

As a young male, I've had my fair share of denials and also attractions in the past.  Some good, some not so good.  Growing up in a broken family, I was led to think by some family members that women are crazy from 13 on to 50.  For the longest time, I actually believed it.  Heck in some cases, I still do.  I've had some women say, "If women hate women and can't figure them out, then you don't need to expect to".  That gave me some ehhh relief, I guess.  

Photo from Google Images.

I believe a b*tch is created when a girl's ego is too high, much like an a-hole when a guy thinks he's more awesome than he really is.  When these people start to believe they are God's gift to earth that's when this persona begins to mold their character.  During my first round in college, I met a lot of these people.  What I also wonder is why they think they are so much better than everyone else?  Just because you may be physically attractive does not make you desirable.  People who are attractive, but have terrible personalities are not attractive in the least.  To the women out there who still don't understand this, guess what it actually makes you less likable. OMG?!?! Most girls think guys will just screw anything that walks on two legs.  Some guys might, but there's a lot of us who are willing to climb the tree to get the best apple and not pick one up that just fell to the ground, if you catch my drift.

It wasn't until I started my current relationship that my eyes were truly opened to women's feelings, real feelings.  Even then, it still took a little while for me to understand a few things, and I still have a lot to learn.  One thing is, she's not American and we have a very long distance relationship, but it works.  We're both happy and we do everything we can to show our love for one another.  We also constantly miss each other, but we're making it work.  Honestly, I've never been happier!  We don't have a secret formula, we just have grown to learn and understand each other on a deeper and intimate level.  She also respects me, and I show her love which brings me to my next point.


Photo from Google Images.

In the Bible, it states "Men love your wives and women respect your husbands."  Unfortunately here in America, I don't think we see that as much as we used to.  This "rule" I personally believe needs to start earlier than that.  When I was a single guy, I wanted someone who actually cared about my feelings and didn't only want a fling.  When that's all they wanted, I didn't feel respected or cared about, but there were also times when all I wanted was attention and nothing serious.  It reminds me of the song, Girls just want to have fun.  Well, don't we all?  We should all have fun, but not at the expense of another person's feelings and pride.  I feel like in college though not many people care, and to me that's just sad.

I say that because, I've had my ears drowned with negative comments about how women are always victims and men are pigs and animals just wanting to screw.  They always assumed every guy was this way or wanted to blame them for their problems.  I know now not all women are like this and I thank God for it!  I don't know what causes these women to hate men so much, but it's frustrating and depressing.  

For the ladies out there who want a good man, do two things. One, don't be a b*tch. Simple as that.  Two, don't blame every man for your problems.  We all have them, and good guys want to help.  They want a chance to show you their colors and blowing them off isn't going to make your life any easier.  If you like a-holes then be prepared for a world of hurt.  Guys can change, but you can't make them.  They have to do it themselves.  



No comments:

Post a Comment